Sandwiches don’t always have to be made by using bread. There is a restaurant which specializes in sandwiches, Waffle and Wolf do that. It uses homemade waffles and turns them into a vessel which can be used as sandwich layers for any type of stuffing.
- 1 pie sized pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- For the spice mix:
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel pumpkin and remove seeds then dice into one-inch cubes.
- Spray a small pan (roughly 9×9) with cooking spray and add orange juice. Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Place diced pumpkin in a pan and generously coat with spices (a lighter coat of spices will reduce the heat).
- Cook in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until tender stirring halfway through.
- Makes approximately 2 cups cooked pumpkin. Serve hot or cold.